[Previous:apropos of nothing in particular]
[Next:"engine found on right wing after brief search"]
[Main Index]

Humor (no moto content)

05/01/1997

 If People Bought Cars the Way They Buy Computers...

Helpline: General Motors Help Line. How can I help you?
Customer: I got in my car and closed the door, and nothing
          happened.
Helpline: Did you put the key in the ignition slot and turn it?
Customer: What's an ignition?
Helpline: It's a starter motor that draws current from your
          battery and turns over the engine.
Customer: Ignition? Motor? Battery? Engine? How come I have to
          know all of those technical terms just to use my car?

Helpline: General Motors Help Line. How can I help you?
Customer: My car ran fine for a week but now it won't go
          anywhere!
Helpline: Is the gas tank empty?
Customer: Huh? How do I know?
Helpline: There's a little gauge on the front panel, with a
          needle and markings from 'E' to 'F'. Where's the needle
          pointing?
Customer: It's pointing to 'E'. What does that mean?
Helpline: It means you have to visit a gasoline vendor and
          purchase some more gasoline. You can install it
          yourself or pay the vendor to install it for you.
Customer: What! I paid $12,000 for this car. Now you tell me
          that I have to keep buying more components? I wanted
          a car with everything built in!

Helpline: General Motors Help Line. How can I help you?
Customer: Your cars suck!
Helpline: What's wrong?
Customer: It crashed, that's what's wrong.
Helpline: What were you doing?
Customer: I wanted to go faster, so I pushed the accelerator
          pedal to the floor. It worked for a while, but then it
          crashed. Now it won't start!
Helpline: It's your responsibility if you misuse the product.
          What do you expect us to do about it?
Customer: I want you to send me one of the latest versions that
          doesn't crash anymore.

Helpline: General Motors Help Line. How can I help you?
Customer: Hi, I just bought my first car and I chose your car
          because it has automatic transmission, cruise control,
          power steering, power brakes and power door locks.
Helpline: Thanks for buying our car. How can I help you?
Customer: How do I work it?
Helpline: Do you know how to drive?
Customer: Do I know to what?
Helpline: Do you know how to drive?
Customer: I'm not a technical person, I just want to go places.

Your mind is like a parachute.  It only works when it is open.

Mike <ynzoreg@wrby.pbz>  DoD #1936  GS850something