[Previous:QoTD]
[Next:fwd: Caffiene]
[Main Index]

Batched forwards

05/28/1997

Okay.  Since I seem to be posting excissively anyway, tonight, I received
two things today which I _cannot_ resist forwarding.  I'm just going to
batch them both together and save a few bytes of headers.

If you're already sick of hearing from me, consider me yelled at.
>Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 10:36:40 -0700 (PDT)
>Subject: Corporate Haikus
>

>        Fields of white daisies
>        Now stained by fresh blood --
>        Our offsite meeting has failed.
>

>        Heat shimmers from the cars
>        Around my parking place;
>        They all want my job.
>

>        Ponderous, the glacial ice
>        Flows still faster than
>        My corporation.
>

>        Savor a deadline;
>        it is merely an excuse
>        to stay up all night.
>

>        A marketing bird!
>        He tells me, tells me, and then
>        tells me what he told me.
>

>        Sunset is never
>        ensnared in a choice between
>        cost and quality.

>Subject: "What Democracy Means to Me" (fwd)
>Date: Tue, May 27, 1997 6:10PM
>

>To me, democracy means placing trust in the little guy, giving the fruits
>of nationhood to those who built the nation.   Democracy means anyone can
>grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice
>president.
>
>Democracy is people of all races, colors, and creeds united by a single
>dream: to get rich and move to the suburbs away from people of all races,
>colors, and creeds.   Democracy is having time set aside to worship -- 18
>years if you're Jim Bakker.
>
>Democracy is buying a big house you can't afford with money you don't have
>to impress people you wish were dead.  And, unlike communism, democracy
>does not mean having just one ineffective political party; it means having
>two or more ineffective political parties.  Democracy means freedom of
>sexual choice between any two consenting adults; Utopia means freedom of
>choice between three or more consenting adults.  But I digress.  Democracy
>is welcoming people from other lands, and giving them something to hold
>onto -- usually a mop or a leaf blower.  It means that with proper timing
>and scrupulous bookkeeping, anyone can die owing the government a huge
>amount of money. Democracy means a thriving heartland with rolling fields
>of Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Spanky, and Wheezer. Democracy means our elected
>officials bow to the will of the people, but more often they bow to the
>big butts of campaign contributors.
>
>Yes, democracy means fighting every day for what you deserve, and fighting
>even harder to keep other weaker people from getting what they deserve.
>Democracy means never having the Secret Police show up at your door. Of
>course, it also means never having the cable guy show up at your door.
>It's a tradeoff. Democracy means free television, not good television,
>but free.
>
>Democracy is being able to pick up the phone and, within a minute, be
>talking to anyone in the country, and, within two minutes, be interrupted
>by call waiting.
>
>Democracy means no taxation without representation, and God knows, we've
> [...]

Bob Bruhin O-       http://www.fork.org/~bruhinb/       oehuvao@sbex.bet

             "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
                                    -- Yogi Berra