Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 03:50:02 -0600
From: dbgq-erdhrfg@rafh.hpnytnel.pn (Quote of the day)
Subject: Quote of the day

 An item from today's San Jose Mercury News, an interview with Scott
 McNealy, Sun Microsystems's CEO.

 Q. How do you see that [corporate culture] changing over the next 15 years;
   is there anything that you definitely would not welcome?

 A. ... We had 12.9 gigabytes of PowerPoint slides on our network. And I
   thought, "What a huge waste of corporate productivity." So we banned
   it.  And we've had three unbelievable record-breaking fiscal quarters
   since we banned PowerPoint. Now, I would argue that every company in
   the world, if it would just ban PowerPoint, would see their earnings
   skyrocket.  Employees would stand around going, "What do I do?  Guess
   I've got to go to work."

    Submitted by: Keith Bostic <obfgvp@obfgvp.pbz>
                  Aug. 3, 1997
            Send quotation submissions to dbgq@rafh.hpnytnel.pn