[Previous:New sentence (fwd)]
[Next:bad joke]
[Main Index]

GAY COMEDIANS SPEAK OUT IN THE NEW YORK TIMES [FWD]:wq

12/16/1997

Got this from work...

Enjoy...

Jeanie
pookie

[FWD]

GAY COMEDIANS SPEAK OUT IN THE NEW YORK TIMES

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
"Hello, I can't work today. Still queer."
      -- Robin Tyler

My Aunt Lorraine said, "Bob, you're gay. Are you seeing a
psychiatrist?" I said, "No. I'm seeing a lieutenant in the
Navy."
      -- Bob Smith

I don't even consider myself bisexual. Frankly, I just think of
myself as a "people person."

Labels can also be misleading. I saw a news report about a
lesbian protest march, and the reporter said, "Coming up
next, a lesbian demonstration."  My first thought was, "Cool.
I always wondered how those things work."

I know that some lesbians are getting pregnant by going to
sperm banks. I couldn't do that.  I'm exactly like my
grandmother. "What? Everything's frozen?!  Nothing's fresh?!"
      -- Michael Dane

A nun told me I was going to receive my Confirmation, so I
must choose a Confirmation name, and it must be the name
of a saint.  So I chose Eva Marie.
      --Danny McWilliams

I came out to a straight friend and told her that I'm a lesbian.
The first thing she said to me was: "Really?  Do you know Jill
McGee? She's a lesbian in Philadelphia!"  Pardon me for
laughing, but straight people are so funny!  They think we all
know each other! Actually, I do know her.  But, hey, it's just
a coincidence!
      --Karen Ripley

I do not care whether they allow gays in the military or not,
because the whole idea of the military strikes me as
completely absurd.  I do not understand the desire to pick up
a gun and go off and shoot strangers when there are so
many loved ones I'd like to take a shot at first.  I'd have to
reload several times to get every one on my particular hit list
of love.
      --E.L. Greggory

Yes, I was a teenage lesbian. And while that may sound like
a horror movie to some of you, for me I could subtitle that
period of my life, "Adventures in Paradise," because there
was one thing that we gay teenagers could do that our
straight friends couldn't.  I could say, "Hey, Mom, Michelle's
comin' over to spend the night Friday night, OK?"  "OK,
Honey!"
      --Marilyn Pittman

I do a lot of traveling as a comic. I've traveled through the
Bible Belt. "Belt" is too narrow a word, I think. It should be
"Bible cummerbund."  Or maybe "Bible Body Cast."

Billy Graham has described heaven as a family reunion that
never ends.
What must hell possibly be like? Home videos of the same
reunion?
    --Sabrina Matthews