[Previous:Etiquette for Rednecks... (fwd)]
[Next:Quick Thinking Engineer (fwd)]
[Main Index]

chuck heston and the nra

07/10/1998

[           This list copyright 1998 by Chris White            ]
[ The Top 5 List   gbc5@jnyehfarg.pbz   http://www.topfive.com ]
[      To forward or repost, please include this section.      ]

             NOTE TO OUR NON-AMERICAN SUBSCRIBERS:

The National Rifle Association (NRA) is an American organization
which promotes the right of every American citizen to own guns,
including rifles, handguns, and semi-automatic assault weapons.
      Recently, when they needed a new president for their
  organization, they did what we Americans often do and elected
      a has-been actor, former film star Charlton Heston.

                         July 10, 1998

      The Top 13 Changes Chuck Heston has Made for the NRA

13> Opened new target range next to Barbara Streisand's house.

12> New bumper sticker: "Get Your Stinkin' Paws Off Us, You Damn
    Dirty Liberals!"

11> Commemorative Ben Hur handles for all AK-47's purchased before
    the new millennium.

10> Promoting new Cub Scout "Large Caliber" merit badge.

 9> Gave acting lessons so NRA reps can now say, "Guns don't kill
    people, people kill people," with a straight face.

 8> Instituted new "Cooperate with federal law enforcement agencies
    instead of shooting at them" policy.

 7> Painted Al Gore like a mallard and announced, "It's duck
    season!!"

 6> Hired that Chris White guy to do a goofy "Top 13 Ways to
    Misinterpret the 2nd Amendment" list.

 5> Decorated national HQ office with huge "9 Commandments" mural.

 4> New NRA slogan: "You can take my gun only after you pry it
    from my kid's cold, dead fingers."

 3> Used Moses' biggest trick for new "Parting of Reason" campaign.

 2> Offered free ammo for new members with more teeth than fingers.

  and Top5's Number 1 Change Chuck Heston has Made for the NRA...

 1> Hired Joe Camel to head up the new "NRA for Kids" division.