[Previous:my personal quote of the year]
[Next:Ours is a long legacy...]
[Main Index]

Re: Clinton and morality

09/06/1998

At 05:41 PM 9/5/98 CDT, Matt Lawrence wrote:
>He lied.  He lied under oath.  If he doesn't believe that it's anybody's
>business, the correct and truthful answer is "It's none of your business."

"Gary Hart had to drop out of the presidential race because he gave the
wrong answer to a reporter's question.  The question was ''Have you ever had
an extramarital affair?''  The wrong, but truthful, answer that he gave was
''It is none of your business.''  The correct, but false, answer that he
should have given was, ''Yeah, twice:  your wife and your mother.''"
        -- P.J. O'Rourke, "Wrap-Up 1988", _Rolling_Stone_ magazine

Mark Amidon      (978) 555-1592  | "I was dreaming when I wrote this;
Agent of Chaos,                  |  forgive me if it goes astray."
Strange Attractor,               |    - next year's music virus
Proud Papa                       |    - Prince Rogers Nelson