[Previous:humor FW: rejection lines (fwd)]
[Next:Quote of the day]
[Main Index]

How can you tell when someone likes something you did...

11/24/1998

(apparently from an interview w/ Maurice Sendak, when he was asked about
favorite letters from kids)

"Oh, there's so many.  Can I give you just one that I really like?  It was
from a little boy.  He sent me a charming card with a little drawing.  I
loved it.  I answer all my children's letters - sometimes very hastily -
but this one I lingered over.  I send him a Postcard with a Wild Thing on
it.  I wrote, "Dear Jim,I loved your card."  Then I got a letter back
from his mother and she said, "Jim loved your card so much he ate it."
That was one of the highest compliments I've ever received.  He didn't
care that it was an orginal drawing or anything.  He saw it, he loved it,
he ate it."  -- Applause Magazine

<rqzbaq@enqvk.arg>
After ecstasy, the laundry. -- Zen koan