03/11/1999

This is art...

(From the Amazon.com reviews of Solar Storms: A Novel by Linda Hogan)

sngure5506@nby.pbz from Poughkeepsie New York , September 5, 1998
Linda Hogan should stick to short poetry!

"Absolutely terrible." raves me. This book is only a good read for
Native American Women or bleeding heart librals.  My school forced me
to read this book and I find it distasteful. Steriotypical remarks
were made about white men and I find that rude and offensive. Not much
probably said about that but I garauntee that if this were a Story
about stuborn Indians who wouldn't let a town benifit from a
hydroelectric dam there would be much controversey. However I must say
the writting was excelent.