10/05/1999

>From a co-worker:

--

I recently set up a Usenet-style news server, and to test it, I populated
all its newsgroups with randomly generated articles.  To do this, I wrote
a script that grabs words randomly from the Unix dictionary file
(/usr/dict/words) and forms them into paragraphs.  I also randomized the
names of the (imaginary) users who "posted" these articles.

After the generator finished running, I connected to a newsgroup at random
and scanned the headers.

The first article had been "posted" by ejaculate@ml.com.

Fortunately this was not during a management demo.