[Previous:Better write this one down.]
[Next:find of the day]
[Main Index]

QoTD

06/01/1997

		 "'It's a Nazgul,' Legolas gasped. 'I've picked it up on
                the long-range scanner.' Immediately Aragorn stopped and
                asked Gimli for the ground-to-air missile launcher. The
                hideous scream of the Ringwraith's engines filled the sky.
                Legolas fed the coordinates and magnetic signature into the
                homing missile and let it fly.
                 "An ear-ringing explosion shudderd the air. 'A hit! A hit!'
                Gimli cried. 'Nay,' replied Aragorn, checking his readouts,
                'You cannot kill a Nazgul this way. We have only destroyed
                the F-22 Interceptor upon which it rides.'"

		-- buu@argpbz.pbz, as seen in rec.arts.books.tolkein

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	orawv@unira.obfgba.zn.hf
"We are what we pretend to be, but we better be very careful what we pretend."