[Previous:FW: Would you like to be Michael Jordan?]
[Next:movie industry quotes]
[Main Index]

No Comment

05/20/1997

DISCLAIMER

Virgin - we being the party of the best part -
   (hereafter and forever more called THE PARTY),
Cannot, does not and will NEVER
Assume or presume
Any
Responsibility or liability
Or otherwise take the rap,
Legal-wise, content-wise, visual-wise, mental-wise or otherwise,
   (hereafter and forever more called DON'T BLAME US)
For the contents, idiosyncracies, bizarreties, degeneracy or any other
unfortunate reality
   (hereafter and forever more called WEB-HORROR)
Of any web sites, web pages, programmes, newsgroups, downloads,
streams or any other net-things and web happenings
   (hereafter and forever more called WEB-STUFF)
That other outside, third party creators, maintainers, maniacs or any
other persons involved in web activity or conspiracies
   (hereafter and forever more called WEBBERS)
Create, maintain, promulgate or otherwise interact with
   (hereafter and forever more called WEBBIFY)
That we've brought to your attention, consciousness or otherwise
turned you onto, by offering and providing a hyper-link address
connection located on one of our own web pages
   (hereafter and forever more called a LINK),
Which warns you that this disclaimer notification applies,
   (hereafter and forever more called YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)
And that,
A LINK may be HOT but:
A LINK does NOT create an agency,
A LINK does not create a relationship,
A LINK does not create an affiliation,
A LINK does not mean that we - THE PARTY - have got anything to do
with any of the WEBBERS who WEBBIFY the WEB-STUFF we've LINKed to, in
any way, shape or form. We, THE PARTY and they, the WEBBERS are
completely separate and independent entities
   (hereafter and forever more called THEY'RE NOT US).

Put more succinctly:

Just 'cause we LINK, DON'T BLAME US, THE PARTY, for any WEB HORROR in
any WEB STUFF that other WEBBERS WEBBIFY 'cause THEY'RE NOT US and
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

     "Oh, your gaze is dangerous, and you fill your space so sweet.
         If I let you get too close you'll set your spell on me."