[Previous:fwd: I've Learned]
[Next:Word Of The Day]
[Main Index]

Things to not do in your girlfriend's sacred presence (fwd)

10/10/1997

[headers deleted to protect the guilty and recently (or soon to be) deceased]
--

Dear male pigs:

If you are a male who has told your girlfriend you would help her with a
web page because it would be "something that you could do together
[because you are a computer geek]," when your girlfriend comes over
after saying to you, "Can we work on the website?", do not:

1) Keep her sitting in the living room trying to figure out your T.V and its
nine satellite-linked remote controls, which she has not learned nor will
she ever learn to figure out, while you do your own computer work for
an hour and a half, yelling down, "15 more minutes, sweetie" every 20
minutes.

2) Then, do not announce to her that you don't want to work on your
computer anymore, and you "forgot" that she wanted to work on the
website.

3) When she reminds you that she asked specifically about working on
the website (which you started two weeks ago and therefore it is a total
pain for her to have to start over on it elsewhere) not 24 hours
previously, do not respond, "I can't remember every little thing. You
should have told me earlier tonight."

4) The phrase, "I'm too tired and this isn't a priority for me" does not go
over well with the irate female.

5) Do not even think about getting any action for the night.

6) However, do not even think about not trying, because if you don't try,
you deprive the bristling, irate female of her much-relished opportunity to
say, icily, "Do not even think about it. You're too tired and it's not a
priority for me."

Mutter, mutter, gnash, snarl, shred, mutter, mutter.

--

-b

Bob Antia                                           nagvn@yrsgonax.pbz
The Left Bank Operation, Inc.                       http://www.leftbank.com
TCP/IP Internetworking                              LAN/WAN/NT/UNIX Admin
PGP fingerprint          9B 70 FF 2D 03 CC 5F C1  3E 29 6E D4 16 79 44 A8