Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
From: nlfr@argpbz.pbz (Ayse Sercan)
Subject: Re: "We'll hire someone who knows these things"
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 00:41:27 GMT

Richard Kaszeta <xnfmrgn@obsu.zr.hza.rqh> wrote:
>In recent history, I've had some of the managment come to me, ask for
>advice, ignore advice, and then say "well we need to hire someone who
>knows these things".
>
>What is the appropriate lart?

Have you tried hiring yourself as a consultant, to solve the problem the
way you originally suggested?

Intriguingly enough, a former employer actually fell for that one.  In
fact, they liked me so much more as a consultant than as a sysdamin that I
was able to quit my job and cut the hours I worked every week in half by
just being a consultant for my former boss, who suddenly found my opinions
quite valuable.

--
                         nlfr@argpbz.pbz
"But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the