[Previous:Something funny...]
[Next:Metric Conversion Chart]
[Main Index]

Coming home

01/11/1998

"There is a certain tension in coming home, a sadness.  It wells up from
your stomach and into your chest, like an ache, or a scream.  You have to
get ride of it, because if don't, it flows into your muscles and comes
out as anger or you swallow it back and it becomes anxiety and depression.
Maybe they should have a room for that at the airport.  A place with padded
walls where you can stop to cry, or scream, whatever, if it's home you've
arrived at.  Throw yourself against the wall a few times.  I bet it would
cut traffic fatalities in half."

				"The Autobiography of My Body" by David Guy