[Previous:WILL 'MR. CAT POOP' CLEAN UP AT THE BOX OFFICE]
[Next:From the typhoon mailing list.]
[Main Index]

bad file naming

04/17/1998

Stolen shamelessly from alt.humor.best-of-usenet, which was stolen
shamelessly from rec.humor.oracle.d:

> Subject: Re: The question was too hard...
> From: "Roger Strong" <efgebat@lrgznaf.zo.pn>
> Newsgroups: rec.humor.oracle.d
>
> One of my co-workers was on the phone, walking a customer through removing
> the software for a Star multiport from an NCR Tower.  The command was
> "rm -r star".  It took a full fifteen minutes for him to figure out why it
> was taking so long.....

-b

Bob Antia                                           nagvn@pburfvir.pbz
Cohesive Network Systems                            http://www.cohesive.com
TCP/IP Internetworking                              LAN/WAN/NT/UNIX Admin
PGP fingerprint                    9B70 FF2D 03CC 5FC1  3E29 6ED4 1679 44A8