[Previous:What's in a Name? (fwd)]
[Next:FW: women.... (fwd)]
[Main Index]

Equal Opportunity Religious Offensiveness

05/19/1998

A burglar broke into a house one night.  He shone his flashlight around,
looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place it in
his
sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus
is
watching you!"

  He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out and
froze.
When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised
himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light back
on
and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out
so
he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is
watching
you!"

    Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the
source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight
beam came to rest on a parrot.

    "Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

    "Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn
you."

    The burglar relaxed.  "Warn me, huh?  Who the hell are you?"

    "Moses," Replied the bird.

    "Moses!" the burglar laughed. "What kind of stupid people would name
parrot Moses?"

    "Probably the same kind of people that would name their viscious
rottweiler Jesus," the bird answered.
C l a u d i a     M o r g a n		pzbetna@argrtevgl.pbz
Manager of Human Resources
Netegrity, Inc.				http://www.netegrity.com