[Previous:Creativity amok]
[Next:nevermind romeo&juliet. titanic is actually "george of the jungle"]
[Main Index]

Fwd: SHOWBIZ DICTIONARY (fwd)

06/01/1998

There's an earie similarity at work here....

----- Forwarded message from USbagr@nby.pbz -----

<< >>SHOWBIZ DICTIONARY

 >VERBS:
 >
 >to schmooze = befriend scum
 >to pitch = grovel shamelessly
 >to brainstorm = feign preparedness
 >to research = procrastinate indefinitely
 >to network = spread disinformation
 >to collaborate = argue incessantly
 >to freelance = collect unemployment
 >

 >NOUNS:
 >
 >agent = frustrated lawyer
 >lawyer = frustrated producer
 >producer = frustrated writer
 >writer = frustrated director
 >director = frustrated actor
 >actor = frustrated human
 >

 >COMPOUND WORDS:
 >
 >high-concept = low brow
 >production value = gore
 >entry-level = pays nothing
 >highly qualified = knows the producer
 >network approved = had made them money
 >

 >FINANCIAL TERMS:
 >
 >net = something that apparently doesn't exist
 >gross = Michael Eisner's salary
 >back-end = you, if you think you'll ever see it
 >residuals = braces for the kids
 >deferral = don't hold your breath
 >points = see "net" or "back-end"
 >

 >COMMON PHRASES:
 >
 >You can trust me = You must be new
 >It needs some polishing = Change everything
 >It shows promise = It stinks rotten
 >It needs some fine tuning = Change everything
 >I'd like some input = I want total control
 >It needs some honing = Change everything
 >Call me back next week = Stay out of my life
 >It needs some tightening = Change everything
 >Try and punch it up = I have no idea what I want
 >It needs some streamlining = Change everything
 >You'll never work in this town again = I have no power whatsoever.

----- End forwarded message -----

doug

douglas o'flaherty                                  qbhtynf@pburfvir.pbz
VP Ops						    qbhtynf@yrsgonax.pbz
NewEngland Division (formerly LBO)		    http://www.cohesive.com/
Cohesive Network Systems                            TCP/IP Internetworking