[Previous:PRE-RELATIONSHIP AGREEMENT]
[Next:Suburbia]
[Main Index]

What to do if suddenly attacked by a Constrictor

07/23/1998

Unbelievable number of forwards removed.

>> ------- start of forwarded message -------
>>
>> You probably heard it here first!
>> GOVERNMENT POLICY:
>> >   SNAKE ATTACK
>> >   The following is from the US Government Peace Corps Manual for its
>> > volunteers who work in the Amazon Jungle.  It tells what to do in
>> > case you are attacked by an anaconda.  Now an anaconda is the largest
>> > snake in the world.  It is a relative of the boa constrictor, it grows
>> > to thirty-five feet in length and weighs between three and four hundred
>> > pounds at the maximum.  This is what the manual said:
>>
>> >   1.  If you are attacked by an anaconda, do not run.  The snake is
>> >       faster than you are.
>> >   2.  Lie flat on the ground.  Put your arms tight against your sides,
>> >       your legs tight against one another
>> >   3.  Tuck your chin in.
>> >   4.  The snake will come and begin to nudge and climb over your body.
>> >   5.  Do not panic
>> >   6.  After the snake has examined you, it will begin to swallow you
>> >       from the feet end - always from the end.  Permit the snake to
>> >       swallow your feet and ankles.  Do not panic
>> >   7.  The snake will now begin to suck your legs into its body.
>> >       You must lie perfectly still.  This will take a long time.
>> >   8.  When the snake has reached your knees slowly and with as little
>> >       movement as possible, reach down, take your knife and very gently
>> >       slide it into the side of the snake's mouth between the edge of
>> >       its mouth and your leg, then suddenly rip upwards, severing the
>> >       snake's head.
>> >   9.  Be sure you have your knife.
>> >   10. Be sure your knife is sharp.

Mark Amidon      (978) 555-1592  | "I was dreaming when I wrote this;
Agent of Chaos,                  |  forgive me if it goes astray."
Strange Attractor,               |    - next year's music virus
Proud Papa                       |    - Prince Rogers Nelson