[Previous:You are in a maze of twisty addresses, all alike (fwd)]
[Next:Fwd: FW: GodsHome Jokelist - 59th day in the season of Beauracrac]
[Main Index]

amusing urban legend type story

10/17/1998

John invited his mom over for dinner to meet his new roommate, Mike. During
the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how handsome John's roommate
was. She had long been curious about John since he was so handsome and
popular yet didn't have a girlfriend. His new roommate made her even more
curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two men
interact, she started to wonder if there was more between John and the
roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be
thinking, but I assure you, Mike and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Mike came to John and said, "Ever since your mom came
to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle my
grandma gave me. You don't suppose she took it, do you?" John said, "Well,
I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure."

So he sat down and wrote:

"Dear Mother,

I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not
saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle.  But the fact remains that one has
been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Love, John"

Several days later, John received a letter from his mother which read:

"Dear Son,

I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Mike, and I'm not saying that you
do not sleep with Mike.  But the fact remains that if he was sleeping in
his own bed, he would have found the gravy ladle by now.

Love, Mom"