[Previous:For All with Young Kids (fwd)]
[Next:quote]
[Main Index]

Fwd: Clueless posting

07/11/2000

Forwarded from a completely different list.  Irresponsible of me, I know.

>>I want to say that I take GREAT OFFENSE at the fact that I
>>am posting this message.  There is absolutely NO relevant
>>content here (in fact, there is no content at all), and it
>>is just a COMPLETE WASTE of my time -- and everyone's time
>>-- to get this in my inbox.  I shouldn't have to put up with
>>this, and I'm NOT PUTTING UP WITH THIS ANY MORE!!!!!!
>>
>>I really should have paid more attention to the charter of
>>the list (not to mention basic net ettiquite) before posting
>>this message.  There really should be a law against this
>>kind of net abuse.  But since there isn't, flaming myself is
>>the best remedy that I've got.  So there.
>>
>>And in case I think that it's a no-cost thing to send out
>>this kind of junk, I want myself to know that it isn't.
>>Margleson and Cheney (1998) clearly shows that the fraction
>>of topic-relevant traffic on a list is inversely related to
>>most measures of list productivity and satisfaction.
>>Wabasso et al (1999) showed a positive correlation between
>>off-topic messages and subsequent world hunger, flag
>>burning, and an overall decline in all moral values.  So by
>>sending messages like this, I am PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE
>>causing evil and destruction.  Try to deny that!
>>
>>In short, there is absolutely NO plausible excuse for my
>>posting this message to this list, and I really want people
>>to stop doing things like this.  Until I get a clue, and
>>there is no sign of that happening any time soon, my
>>irresponsible and represensible conduct leaves me NO OPTION
>>but to go killfile myself.
>>
>>-- gffhyyvina@tbyhk.bet

Mark Amidon    (978) 555-6784 | Space may be the final frontier
Agent of Chaos,               | But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
Strange Attractor,            |
Proud Papa                    |  -- RHCP