Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:38:25 -0400
From: Mike Kronenberg <zvxr.xebaraoret@vban.pbz>
To: zvalna@jbeyq.fgq.pbz
Subject: from Yidioth Achronot, a little bit of topical humor...

...albeit a little on the gallows side. Forwarded from a friend, a recent
column by Uri Orbach, in English translation.

(I know, someone is going to be all over me for sending material
inappropriate
to minyan email. So, sue me %^)

Israel - A little light relief
by Uri Orbach

In America, everyone knows that it is terribly dangerous in Israel now,
and it is not recommended to travel to Israel.

In Israel everyone knows that it is dangerous only in the territories
and in a little bit of Jerusalem.

In Jerusalem everyone knows there is shooting going on, but only in the
neighborhood of Giloh.

In Giloh everyone knows that it is dangerous, but only on Ha'anafa
Street.

On Ha'anafa Street everyone knows that it is dangerous, but not all
along the street, just in the houses that face Beit Jalla.

In the houses facing Beit Jalla everyone knows it is dangerous, but
mostly in a few apartments on specific floors that get shot at occasionally.

In the apartments that get shot at they know it is dangerous, but not in
all the rooms, just in the kitchen. In the bedrooms and bathrooms for
instance, it is totally safe.

In the kitchen that gets shot into they know it is really dangerous, but
not in the entire kitchen, just near the fridge and toaster.  Those near
the fridge know that where it is really dangerous is in the freezer, which
is directly in the sights of the sharpshooter from Beit Jalla. You can take
milk and cheese out of the fridge part without getting hit usually.
Word-of-honor.

And in the freezer over the fridge part of the refrigerator on one part
of Ha'anafa Street at the edge of Giloh in Jerusalem in Israel? Oh boy,
it is dangerous there. If you stand there and get some frozen schnitzels
out of the freezer - you're taking your life in your hands. So for a few
months, just until things calm down, we're not going to use the freezer
Michael Loftus
ybsghf@npgpbz.pb.vy