[Previous:to do (fwd)]
[Next:a great Tap quote]
[Main Index]

the wall

04/04/2002

(Courtesy of rec.humor.funny. Oh so painfully very topical.).

A  journalist assigned to the Jerusalem bureau takes an apartment
overlooking the historic Wailing Wall.  Everyday when she looks out, she
sees an old bearded Jewish man praying  vigorously. Certain he would  be
a good interview subject, the journalist goes down to the Wall and
introduces herself to the old man. She asks, "You come every day to the
Wall, sir, how long have you been doing that and what are you praying
for?"

The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years.
In the morning I pray for world peace and for the brotherhood of man.  I
go home, have a cup of tea, and I come back and pray for the eradication
of illness and disease from the earth.  And very, very important, I pray
for peace and understanding between the Israelis and Palestinians."

The journalist is very impressed.  "How does it make you feel to come
here every day for 25 years and pray for these wonderful things?" she
asks.

The old man replies calmly, "Like I'm talking to a wall."

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	orawv@unira.obfgba.zn.hf
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight." -- Joseph Joubert