[Previous:FW: [Fwd: Post turtle]]
[Next:Very funny.]
[Main Index]

Quotation of the day for August 21, 2004

08/21/2004

"There's no question what took place in that prison was horrible.  But
 the Arab world has to realize that the US shouldn't be judged on the
 actions of a... well, we shouldn't be judged on actions.  It's our
 principles that matter, our inspiring, abstract notions.  Remember:
 Just because torturing prisoners is something we did, doesn't mean
 it's something we _would_ do."

 - comic Rob Corddry takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the U.S. torture
   of prisoners in the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.  Corddry made the
   comment on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

    Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
                  Jun. 24, 2004