[Previous:Metric Conversion Chart]
[Next:Pop Culture]
[Main Index]

Liver!

01/13/1998

Rarely do I feel the need to type up and mail out an ad, but in this case
I made an exception.

The following is from an ad for Minolta laser printers.  The headline is
"There's NO image we can't improve", and below it shows a laser-printed
pamphlet titled "Liver: Music for My Mouth.  Classic Recipes from the
Liver Advisory Board."  Text follows:

Liver: It's not just an organ.
It's an orchestra of flavor.

"Hi, mom!  What's for dinner?"  "Liver!"  "Oh, boy!"  How many times have
you heard this familiar refrain?  Fact is, nothing puts a smile on a
youngster's face quicker than digging into a heaping plate of steaming,
delicious liver.  And no wonder.  Liver contains twice as much iron as
rabbit or duck, and half the cholesterol of bacon drippings.  And because
a cow's live secrets bile salts, it hardly needs seasoning.
	And it's so easy to prepare!  Simply rinse off the excess blood,
drench your liver in flour, and saute over medium heat until it turns a
rich, succulent grey.  Garnish with grilled onions, and you have a savory
symphony the whole family will love.
	Join our Liver Lover's Club and get on the mailing list for our
quarterly newsletter, "Grey Meat Matters."