[Previous:Okay, this one is funny...]
[Next:(Fwd) Superbowl (fwd)]
[Main Index]

Yeah, that'd work...

01/28/1998

"To practice psychokinesis, you could buy some really expensive equipment
designed to record the slightest change in the Earth's electromagnetic
field, or you could tape a pendulum of some kind on a fine thread onto the
inside of a mayonaisse jar lid, so that when the lid is tightened on the
jar, the pendulum is suspended within. If you make such a device, place
the jar on a steady surface and seat yourself before it. Gaze at the
pendulum within the jar, willing it to move. Visualize it beginning to
slowly swing around. Most likely after a while a picture will fall off a
nearby wall, or the window shade directly across the room will fly up,
sounding like a gunshot. But these of course are just coincidences. The
pendulum in the jar just hangs there, while you you are getting a headache
from mentally screaming, "Move, dammit!" Now, gently reach out and shake
the jar, because it doesn't really matter how you cause change to occur in
accordance with your will, as long as it occurs."

	-From "Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life" an otherwise
	quite serious (in a friendly sort of way) Pagan book. This section
	took me quite by surprise, the first time I read it.